Planning your Inishowen adventure couldn’t be easier, the Peninsula is easily accessible from a number of airports, see below.
- Derry City Airport (30 minutes)
- Belfast International Airport (1 1/2 hours)
- Donegal Airport, voted one of the worlds most scenic airports in 2016 (1 1/2 hours)
- Belfast International and George Best Belfast City Airport (2 hours)
- Knock airport (2 hours 40mins)
- Dublin Airport (3 hrs 15mins)
The region can also be reached via international connections in the UK.
Travel By Sea To Inishowen
If you like the sea why not travel passenger or by car using one of our local ferry services to take you from one scenic headland in Donegal to another. If travelling from the UK there are two main ferry ports in Northern Ireland, Belfast (Stena Line) and Larne (P&O Irish Sea). These can be reached from the UK via Stranraer, Cairnryan, Troon, Fleetwood, Birkenhead and Isle of Man.
The Ultimate Road Trip In Inishowen
Whatever your initial destination, why not go on the ultimate road trip and explore the rugged coast along the Wild Atlantic Way, discover hidden gems along the Inishowen 100 route and explore the Causeway Coastal Route in Northern Ireland. With our unique location at the Northernmost point of Ireland there are so many experiences to be had while making your way to or from this scenic Peninsula.
If you like to travel by train, you have the option to experience what has been described by actor and comedian Michael Plain as “one of the most beautiful rail journeys in the world”. This route travels from Belfast to Derry City, which is located just a 15 minute drive from the Inishowen Peninsula.
Travel To Inishowen By Bus
Local and regional services are available from a range of bus operators listed below. Timetables for services vary between the Summer and Winter months, timetables for local services are available in our Tourist Offices in the town of Buncrana and Carndonagh.
Local Bus Operators: Around the Inishowen Peninsula, wider Donegal area and Derry City.
- McGinleys: Telephone: 074 9135201
- Foyle Coaches: Telephone (074) 9382116
- McGonagle Coaches:Telephone 0749361284
Regional Bus Operators: Throughout Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland
- Bus Eireann: Telephone 1850 836 611
- Bus Feda: Telephone (074) 954 8114
- Translink: Telephone +44 (0)28 90 66 66 30
Renting A Car In Inishowen
Renting a car in Inishowen? We have some options for you here
Visit Our Tourist Offices In Inishowen
Drop by and ask the experts how to get around Inishowen at our Tourist Offices based in Buncrana and Carndonagh, see map.Ask The Expert